Live image for Plasma 5.7 release

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Mon Jun 27 19:37:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016, Martin Graesslin wrote:

> Hi distributions,
>
> for the Plasma 5.7 release on July, 5th, I would like to have live images for
> the release announcement.
>
> If your distribution is able to create a live image with the released tars
> before the release, we could include a link to it in the release announcement.
> This would allow our (and your) users to easily test the latest release. The
> image should show Plasma as we release it, so ideally with upstream branding.
>
> If multiple distributions are able to provide such an image, we would of
> course include all.
>
> The tarballs will be created on June, 30th.
>
> What do you think? Anybody interested?
>
> Cheers
> Martin

I checked the Plasma 5.6.95 tarballs and no new tarball compared to
5.6.x apparently. If the 5.7 tarballs are up at 30 June then I would
not have an issue making a Slackware Live ISO available on 5 July
containing Plasma 5.7.
Location for the Slackware Live Plasma ISO will be the same als always
(see https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Live_Images#Slackware):
http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/slackware-live/
More specifically the URL to the ISO would be (.md5 and .asc files
available too):
http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/slackware-live/latest/slackware64-live-plasma5-current.iso

Cheers, Eric

--