Translation of click events to touch events in kwin.

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 08:18:10 UTC 2016

Am 2016-06-20 11:32, schrieb Bhavisha Dhruve:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
> wrote:
>
>> So the important things are:
>> * create a KWayland::Server::Display which is setup to use
>> ConnectClientsOnly
>> * it uses createClient on an anonymous socketpair
>> * it needs to create at least the following interfaces:
>> ** shm
>> ** compositor
>> ** seat (with at least touch)
>> ** shell
>> ** output which has a size mapped to the size of the QQuickItem
>> * it starts kwin_wayland with WAYLAND_SOCKET passed to the socket
>> pair
>
> Hello Martin,
>
> I have made some changes, however at this point I want confirmation if
> my changes are correct and want to clear confusion on how to start
> kwin.
>
> Here are rough changes I've made : https://paste.kde.org/pv2lvz7af [1]
>
> Questions I have are:
>
> 1) The changes that i have made so far, are they correct?

Yes that seems mostly correct. I don't like the name KWinApp, though as
that can be confused with the static method kwinApp in KWin. So I'd
suggest to rename it.

Otherwise there are a few things I just noticed when reading through the
code, but as it's difficult to comment here I'd suggest to put it on
phab, so that we can properly annotate the code.

> 2) How to start kwin_wayland? Using QProcess?

Yes, QProcess is just fine.

Cheers
Martin