Translation of click events to touch events in kwin.

Bhavisha Dhruve bhavishadhruve at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 09:32:23 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
wrote:

> So the important things are:
> * create a KWayland::Server::Display which is setup to use
> ConnectClientsOnly
> * it uses createClient on an anonymous socketpair
> * it needs to create at least the following interfaces:
>  ** shm
>  ** compositor
>  ** seat (with at least touch)
>  ** shell
>  ** output which has a size mapped to the size of the QQuickItem
> * it starts kwin_wayland with WAYLAND_SOCKET passed to the socket pair

Hello Martin,

I have made some changes, however at this point I want confirmation if my
changes are correct and want to clear confusion on how to start kwin.

Here are rough changes I've made : https://paste.kde.org/pv2lvz7af

Questions I have are:

1) The changes that i have made so far, are they correct?
2) How to start kwin_wayland? Using QProcess?

Thanking you in advance.

Awaiting for your earliest reply.

With Regards,
Bhavisha Dhruve