KCM/colord-kde and it's KF5 release

Alessandro Longo alexl at openmailbox.org
Mon Jun 20 19:13:28 UTC 2016

Hi, I hope this is the right ml to talk about KCMs.
I tried to install latest stable release (0.3) of colord-kde[1] to
manage icc color profiles, but the KCM isn't loaded in SystemSettings. I
can launch it with `kcmshell4 kcm_colord` but not with `kcmshell5
kcm_colord`. So I tried to compile it from git[1] and it works, it's
shown in SystemSettings correctly.
But since it has to be installed in offices, I'd prefer to use a package
by the distro. Would it be possible to release maybe a 0.3.1 to support
current SystemSettings and make distributions update their colord-kde
package? I hope this is the right way to fix the issue.

[1] https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=colord-kde.git

Alessandro Longo