porting the QtCurve kwin theme

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 09:30:35 UTC 2016

On Friday June 17 2016 21:55:15 Christoph Feck wrote:

Thanks, I'll take a look.

> Last year I created the "Skeleton" KWin 5 decoration to test KWin 5
> decorations: http://developer.kde.org/~cfeck/skeleton-0.1.tar.xz
>
> The documentation in the KDecoration2 header files is quite extensive.
> Further information can be found in "Oxygen" and/or "Breeze" source,
> e.g. how to create a configuration dialog (which "Skeleton" lacks).

Using a (highly) complex working example to adapt another (highly) complex implementation isn't the most ideal/efficient approach, esp. if you're unfamiliar with both implementations ...
Similarly, API documentation usually doesn't help much when you do not already know where to start...

> Hope it helps.

Yeah, I hope so too :)

> (And no, I had no time yet to port Skulpture/Smaragd/Dekorator)

Don't worry, I don't even know what those are ;)

R.