SDDM Theme update

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 06:14:50 UTC 2016

david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

>> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:53 PM, kainz.a <kainz.a at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi David,
>>>
>>> kde neon dev ship the new breeze sddm theme (thanks jonathan). It look
really good, but I have also some remarks:

>>> 1. the avatar icon is to small (not the same size than the plymount
icon)

>> I dont' know how big plymouth is.
>> I've made it bigger anyhow.
>>

>>> 2. can we use the ? and generic avatar I prepare for you
>>

>> Apparently not. Plasma icon hates that icon. It finds the file, loads
it... then doesn't display it.
>> It loads everything else except that. I've spent an hour on this. I'm
rage quitting now.

> Found what's wrong.
>
> Those icons are corrupt.
>
> They'll render in inkscape (with warnings) but not Qt's SVG renderer.
>
> If I open one, change something and undo it, then save again. Things work.
>
> Shall I submit those fixes, for frameworks 5.24?
> But we need to work out what we do for Plasma now. I could copy it
locally so we can ship something.

Yes give them in the local repo and in 5.8 we switch to use them from the
icon set.

>> Also why did you put those icons in applets?
>> That doesn't make any sense. It's not an applet.
>>

>>> 3. the search for user avatar is higher than the user avatar
>>

>> Done
>>
>>> 4. can we align center the button text like the user name (cause the
theme is also center align)

>> If you mean placeholder text. No.
>>

>>> 5. you see the breeze cursor only when you hover the avatar or the
bottons (not the wallpaper) it is possible to see also the breeze cursors
when you are at the wallpaper

>> if you change sddm.conf to set the cursor theme to breeze that should
fix itself?
>> Hopefully all packagers have.
>>

>>> 6. the drop down indicators (session and keyboard layout) look to smal
>>> 7. can the drop down text have a bigger size
>>

>>> 8. it look like there is a problem with the restart icon (I will check
this)

>>> 9. when you use the tab key to switch between the bottons you see a
light blue frame around the botton can it switch to the same layout as you
see when you hover the botton with the mouse

>> Plasma has two frames in the SVG
>>  "hover" and "focus"
>>
>> Switching with the tab key changes shows "focus"
>>
>> Text fields have a big glow on hover, buttons don't.
>>
>> If the theme needs changing, the theme should be changed.
>>
>> maybe we can just copy and paste from the textfield?
>>
>> >10. is it possible to have the focus on the input pasword box, so when
the login manager was shown you can input the password with the keyboard
without go to the input box with the mouse.