[Differential] [Updated] D1779: Add a parent_window event to Plasma Window interface

hein (Eike Hein) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 10 11:27:36 UTC 2016

hein added a comment.

  Hmm I'm concerned about using "transient" in the API docs and code. "Transient" is a descriptory adjective that means "temporary", i.e. if a window is a transient to some other window, it communicates two things: The association to the other window, and the expectation that this window is not permanent and shouldn't be treated as such. Now if the latter is the semantics we want to bake into the protocol, we should make that clear in the docs and consider misuse a bug (i.e. document that it's wrong to have a window with a parent if the window isn't temporary). Otherwise we shouldn't use "transient".

REPOSITORY
  rKWAYLAND KWayland

EMAIL PREFERENCES