ksplash unified login

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:55:46 UTC 2016

>> kspash
>> ======
>> 1. introduction
>>     the pc is finished with Plymount (auto login) or SDDM so the default
>> background is the blue gradient and in the center is the distro logo
>> (Plymounth) or the user avatar (sddm)
>>

> I'll change ksplash to default to the blue gradient, show the avatar and
> the spinning thing.
>

>> 2. main part
>>     ksplash fade from the plymounth/sddm background to the user desktop
>> background at about 40 - 50 % of the overall time.
>>
>> We can't fade to the user's background.
> That assumes the user has a static image for a background, which isn't
> something we can assume.
>
> We can fade to Plasma when Plasma is ready showing the desktop background.
> Which is exactly what we already do.

than  cancel the main part and go from the introduction sddm/plymount blue
gradient to the desktop at 50 % and at 80 % fade the avatar out.

is there a way to show the panel only when it's finished (with all
applets)? so it was build under the wallpaper and come on top when it's
finished?

>> always visible
>>    all the time you show the user avatar with an busy animation you can
>> chose the busy animation from the linked movies or the easy one from
>> plymount. in the text section is written start plasma 5.6.90 (version
>> number)
>>

>>> We can see about changing the fade between ksplash and desktop in time;
>>> and changing the logout/shutdown prompts.
>>>
>>> There is also a huge bug in that mockup. You're showing white text on
>>> top of the user's background.
>>> If you show a known colour on top of an unknown colour, you're
>>> potentially creating something unreadable.
>>>

>> at the beginning the blue gradient was shown, where you can read the
>> start plasma 5.6.90 very good. In addition can we choose the thing from
>> text on the desktop like when you move a file on the desktop it must be
>> also visible.
>>

> So shall I change SDDM theme changed to have the text shadow that
> folderview has?

yes please.

 Andreas