ksplash unified login

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:25:37 UTC 2016

Hi David

https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/xxVtPVAEllFaTLd

> ​> we are also working on the logout and user switch dialogue
> https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/S3wIqd1EqW7YBKK
>
> The login screen in that mockup is different. All the buttons and the
> clock are in a different place. Do you want them moving?

VDG is alway experiment and change everything asap. NO move at the moment.
First we need a final product. I don't think that for the login manager
shutdown would be the first thing you would like to do. But you can see
here the animation from SDDM to Ksplash and the Desktop. In addition you
see that we have already something for the user switch and logout dialog.

> Some of that is unfesible. I can't show an animation after you
> successfully login from SDDM because SDDM quits as soon as it gets a right
> password. (the image might persist, but I'm not running anymore). and then
> ksplash doesn't know what SDDM had.

can you grap the SDDM theme background and the selected user avatar? cause
the thing is that ksplash was shown for a long time, so we need some tricks
to motivate the user.

the first trick is when the plasma desktop was started loading (begin of
ksplash) we show an animation where the user thing he is already in sddm
(show the sddm background and the user avatar after a while ksplash fade to
the user plasma background (50 % before ksplash is finished) and than
ksplash fade to the real desktop where the panels and applets are already
build and than ksplash show everything is finished.

kspash
======
1. introduction
    the pc is finished with Plymount (auto login) or SDDM so the default
background is the blue gradient and in the center is the distro logo
(Plymounth) or the user avatar (sddm)

2. main part
    ksplash fade from the plymounth/sddm background to the user desktop
background at about 40 - 50 % of the overall time.

3. close
    ksplash fade from the user desktop background to the real desktop (80
%) as you already had the user desktop background with this fade you see
also the panels and applets. as everything should be finished build no
panel flickering should be shown.

always visible
   all the time you show the user avatar with an busy animation you can
chose the busy animation from the linked movies or the easy one from
plymount. in the text section is written start plasma 5.6.90 (version
number)

> We can see about changing the fade between ksplash and desktop in time;
> and changing the logout/shutdown prompts.
>
> There is also a huge bug in that mockup. You're showing white text on top
> of the user's background.
> If you show a known colour on top of an unknown colour, you're potentially
> creating something unreadable.

at the beginning the blue gradient was shown, where you can read the start
plasma 5.6.90 very good. In addition can we choose the thing from text on
the desktop like when you move a file on the desktop it must be also
visible.

> That's why the last one had those black bars.

no black bars needed cause we have the blue gradient by default and if the
user change the background it's not that importend to see the start plasma
5.6.90 stuff.

about the background. by default it's the blue background. The user can
change the SDDM Background in the SDDM KCM if he change to something else
like a picture this picture should be change in sddm, ksplash, plymounth,
... if possible.

thanks david
Andreas