[Differential] [Request, 157 lines] D1803: Fix the strut handling for wayland clients

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 9 08:10:40 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: Plasma on Wayland, KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma on Wayland, KWin.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The implementation was broken as it transformed the QRects into QRegions,
  subtracted the geometries and took the bounding rect again. In several
  setups this could result in the strut getting ignored.

  This change improves the calculation of the struts by creating a QMargin
  which describes the area which needs to be subtracted from a screen rect.
  The QMargin is only adjusted for the edge the window borders. We can
  assume that a window with a strut needs to border a screen on Wayland.

  With this change we are also able to support panels between screens.
  On Wayland a panel placed on the right of a left screen affects the
  maximization area of the left screen, but does not affect the overall
  workarea.

  CCBUG: 167852

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin