New idea for Plasma's logo

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Thu Jun 2 11:03:06 UTC 2016

On 02.06.2016 12:39, Alessandro Longo wrote:
> Il 23-05-2016 22:52 Alessandro Longo ha scritto:
>> (resent because apparently mailman rejected it)
>> Hi,
>> after a lot of iterations I found a simple idea for Plasma's logo that
>> imho works well. This is the link to view it in PDF and to the source
>> in SVG to experiment with it:
>>
>> https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/OC3TGlHAba20QWv
>>
>> I hope you like it,
>
> ping

I must say that I do not really like it. I know it's supposed to remind people
of sun = plasma, but in reality it looks mostly like a yellow gear.

I would also have appreciated if you had talked to the VDG about your idea
before presenting it to the Plasma team, as that would have avoided confusion.

To clear up any potential confusion: This is _not_ the VDG's suggestion. The
VDG's suggested logo is still this one:
http://uriherrera.com/images/portfolio/portfolio_branding_plasma_logo.png

Cheers,
Thomas