[Differential] [Request, 231 lines] D1735: Notify about low peripheral batteries (mouse, keyboard)When the battery in a non-power supply battery drops below 10% (configurable)a notification is shown to the user so he or she is not surprised when thedevice suddenly stops working.===...

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 1 14:47:40 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  ...Initial support for peripheral battery notifications

  When the battery in a non-power supply battery drops below 10% it emits a notification.

  Missing:

  - Don't notify when battery is not present (otherwise will have 0%)
  - Notify when new device is plugged in
  - Messages for other batteries than mouse and keyboard(?)

  It does not yet chec

  Initial support for peripheral battery notifications

  When the battery in a non-power supply battery drops below 10% it emits a notification.

  Missing:

  - Don't notify when battery is not present (otherwise will have 0%)
  - Notify when new device is plugged in
  - Messages for other batteries than mouse and keyboard(?)

  It does not yet chec

  [Profiles KCM] Add spinbox for changing the low peripheral battery threshold

  Notify about low peripheral devices on startup similar to what we do with the laptop battery

  Improve wording of notifications

  Always show the name of the device. It might by cryptic, so we'll have to
  monitor how that turns out. In any case the affected device type (mouse, keyboard, ...)
  is indicated by both the icon and the notification body text.

  Remove m_batteriesUdi QStringList

  We can just use the keys of m_batteriesPercent instead like
  we already do for peripheral devices

  Merge branch 'broulik/notifyPeripherals' of git://anongit.kde.org/powerdevil into broulik/notifyPeripherals

  Notify about low peripherals when plugging them in

  Unfortunately my mouse reports info only periodically, so when plugging
  it in it is always "not present" and 0%, so it doesn't show for me.
  Also, when the device is really empty (so won't work) it won't show
  anything either because it won't be "present". Oh, well...

TEST PLAN
  So far I have only tested this with my mouse on a desktop computer,
  starting kded5 brings the notification. Needs more testing with a laptop so it
  didn't break the default battery handling

REPOSITORY
  rPOWERDEVIL Powerdevil

BRANCH
  broulik/notifyPeripherals