Monday meeting notes

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:40:37 UTC 2016

Notes for 25th july meeting:

Eike:
- More smallish Task Manager bug fixes
- Tasks demanding attention don't get filtered by virtual desktop
anymore (again), so you don't miss important stuff from another VD
- Made drag initiation cancel a press+release activation transaction
in Kicker delegates, fixing "dnd accidentally activates item"
- Fixed file name filter pattern changes not being applied immediately
in Folder View config
- Reworking FV mouse handling a bit right now, there's some bug
reports related to context menu mouse grab issues
- Working on some Task Manager text label stuff for Netrunner
- Did some Konversation bug fixes and a 1.6.1 release on Neon request
- Helping my GSoC student
- Resumed work on Pager
- Vacation from Aug 15th to 19th (Taipei, Taiwan)

Jens:
- planning on grub to shutdown
- huge email on plasma-devel incoming
- needs developers assigned to a little part and coordinate (grub,
plymouth, sddm etc)
- to be in master asap

Sebas:
* kscreen bugfixing:
* lots of testing
* merged: D2154 kscreen kcm: block changed signal after save
* going to merge: D2248 [kcm] Show output name in output preview
* autotesting of qtquick components of windowmetadata lib
* finished article about Plasma for 20 years of KDE book

Kai:
* Worked a bit on KNotification stuff.
* I can now do notification->setUrls({savedAt}) and drag the
screenshot I just took from the notification popup to the browser
* asically trying out ideas I listed on the wiki
https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Notifications

Bhushan
- Trying to get qtvirtualkeyboard working with help from mgraesslin
- Ran into plasmashell not loading shell on mobile, turns out kamd is
not installed
- Fixed and triggered new image, which should've working shell
- Though panels for mobile shell are not loading, will investigate with notmart

David:
* generic plasma fizes
one review on freezes during a lookup: https://phabricator.kde.org/D2239
* possibility to inherit from other themes beyond qgenericunixtheme
* patch for qt on dbusmenu that fixes GlobalMenu on statusnotifieritems

Marco:
* work on plasma multiscreen branch review request, adressing concerns
https://phabricator.kde.org/D2218
* work on look and feel creator application
* look and feel layouts are a bit back on the drawing board, working
with ivan on the way that's more dobus on a shell scripting point of
view
* work on fixing desktop scripting issues on startup
* kirigami: last round of bugfixes before 1.0, is in kde-review, in 2
weeks we can release