[plasma-workspace/Plasma/5.7] shell: don't try to load layout before kamd starts

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:12:53 UTC 2016

Hello Marco and co.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:59:37AM +0000, Marco Martin wrote:
> Git commit f7ef6ee87b8957bebc976b6fc9e0df279cea05f1 by Marco Martin.
> Committed on 20/07/2016 at 11:57.
> Pushed by mart into branch 'Plasma/5.7'.
>
> don't try to load layout before kamd starts
>
> if the status of kamd is anything but running, refuse to
> execute load()
> this fixes activity creation in default layout initialization
>
> M  +4    -2    shell/shellcorona.cpp
>
> http://commits.kde.org/plasma-workspace/f7ef6ee87b8957bebc976b6fc9e0df279cea05f1

This commit seems to break plasmashell loading in various cases, I at
least have one report from #kde-neon that plasmashell is not starting
and I've locally also reproduced that if kactivitymanagerd is not
starting or crashing, pplasmashell just sits there doing nothing..

This commit also breaks plasmashell on mobile..

Thanks

--
Bhushan Shah

http://bhush9.github.io