[Differential] [Commented On] D2173: WIP: New System Settings delegate design

colomar (Thomas Pfeiffer) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 18 13:03:26 UTC 2016

colomar added a comment.

  > There is one strange thing regarding the behaviour - the sub-item links.
  >
  > The first problem is that it is not obvious what is clickable and what is not - the only hint is a slight change in the background (at least with my colour scheme) on hover.

  Is that different to how it was before?

  > The item itself has an arrow cursor while the sub-items have the 'URL' hand, while the hover-highlight highlights the whole item in both cases.

  Oh, right, that's not good. I'd make it all use the hand cursor, then.

  > It is not obvious what will be opened when something has been clicked. Maybe a better approach would be to always open the item's KCM, but to preselect the sub-item that has been clicked on in it (instead of only showing the sub-item configuration without the ability to switch to another subitem without going back).

  Oh, I thought that was already the case, at least that's how I'd imagined it. Looks like our design specification was not detailed enough here.

  So yes, please, make it behave like Ivan said!

  > For example, when one clicks 'Workspace Theme' item, it shows the sub-items 'Look and Feel', 'Desktop theme' ... on the left allowing the user to switch to different sub-items.
  >
  > When one clicks the 'Desktop theme' sub-item link, it opens only the desktop theme configuration without other 'Workspace Theme' sub-items on the left. Instead, IMO, it should open the whole 'Workspace Theme' configuration, but preselect the 'Desktop theme' sub-configuration.
  >
  > This way, the behaviour of both will be similar enough not to be annoying when somebody miss-clicks a sub-item.

  Yes, absolutely!

REPOSITORY
  rSYSTEMSETTINGS System Settings

EMAIL PREFERENCES