[Differential] [Commented On] D1231: Add Remote Access interface to KWayland

Kanedias (Oleg Chernovskiy) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jul 9 14:27:38 UTC 2016

Kanedias added a comment.

  Can't we pass screen index along with all the invocations? Krfb (and other recording tools) will know the screen configuration as they reside in same wayland session. They'll get the buffer and the screen index and will know exactly what to map. Am I missing something here?

  Besides, I didn't find any mentions of multi-screen capabilities in Krfb at all. It currently works like this:

    d->framebufferImage = XGetImage(QX11Info::display(),
                                    id,
                                    0,
                                    0,
                                    QApplication::desktop()->width(),
                                    QApplication::desktop()->height(),
                                    AllPlanes,
                                    ZPixmap);

  If that's the requirement, there will be huge amount of work to implement it from ground up.
  Patchset for KRfb is already enormous and rewrites half of the input system into plugins instead of built-in libraries (to integrate it with fake-input). I doubt it will endure another set of additions, the review will take forever.
  I think we should implement screen indexing in protocol but start with passing screen №1 only for now.

REPOSITORY
  rKWAYLAND KWayland

EMAIL PREFERENCES