[Differential] [Commented On] D1231: Add Remote Access interface to KWayland

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 6 05:56:44 UTC 2016

graesslin added a comment.

  I had been thinking about multi-screen issue and how we can get it working in the protocol. The biggest problem is that we cannot really map to the wl_output in a way that it's useful to the client. Also caused by QtWayland not exposing the wl_output in the native interface. From server side we could send a wl_output resource of that client, but our Qt based clients would not know what to do with them :-(

  Given that we need to have the client tell the server for which wl_output it wants to have the buffer. A possibility would be to pass the wl_output as argument to the get_buffer request. But then how would the buffer_ready event indicate for which wl_output it is? Maybe we need to do it like the with org_kde_kwin_dpms_manager. It would require to add another level of indirection. Which is nothing I want as it just sounds too complicated and requires quite some changes to the otherwise finished review here. Le sigh. I wish I had noticed that problem earlier. It's something one only notices when using Wayland in day-to-day with multi-screen setup.

REPOSITORY
  rKWAYLAND KWayland

EMAIL PREFERENCES