5.8 draft schedule

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Jul 5 14:58:49 UTC 2016

I've made a draft schedule for Plasma 5.8, comments welcome.

It sticks to the same formula as the last couple of releases, Beta
just after the .5 bugfix release, putting repo freeze two weeks before
(which is 1 week after akademy).  Then final .0 is 18th October and
bugfix releases 1,1, 2,3&5 weeks thereafter.

https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5/Draft

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=031gkgqg1hjf8lcmj0em1d2sj8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/London

There's suggestions of a LTS release so we can also add in more bugfix
releases for that, although it'll complicate the release scripts in
interesting ways.

We can discuss this at the 5.8 kickoff meeting, do remember to fill in
the doodle poll pronto.

Jonathan