notes from the Plasma mobile components breakout session

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:45:23 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 27 January 2016, David Edmundson wrote:
> RefreshableScrollView
>
> who sets requestingRefresh to false again? the app when it finishes
> refreshing?
> If so the property is more "refreshing" than "requestingRefresh"

yes, it's a task for the app to set it back when needed
also, i think since that view is useful for other things too (like the empty
top/bottom space) i think i'll need a property to disable that thing
altogether as well:
supportsRefreshing?

> API docs mising
>
> Binding{} is better than 2 Connections to implement what effectively is a
> binding
> (and you have a bug here I'm sure, root.flickableItem.bottomMargin is set
> to different things depending on whether the view or the content changed
> last)
>
> ------------
>
> ListItem
>
> Given it doesn't contain a label AbstractListItem or BaseListItem would be
> a better name
>
> A subclass which then has the icon + text would be a good idea.

there is one, BasicListItem
so ListItem becomes AbstractListItem
BasicListItem becomes ListItem ?

> Docs for delegate for a section talks about showing a title. It doesn't.
>
> Typo: otems -> items
>
>     height: paddingItem.childrenRect.height + Units.smallSpacing*2
> is automatically bound to implicitHeight. No point rebinding it to the same
> thing manually
>
> What's the purpose of the checked state that only changes the UI layer?
> Do we want to make it checkable like a button?

yes, it's checkable.
in the gallery app, you see the list item with an open sub page will be
checked

> Need to change the UI if we're enabled or not (grey out or something)

right now enabled is abused to say if the thing accepts clicks or not (same as
listitem in plasmacomponents) should probably have a different acceptsClicks
property

> ------------
>
> ListItemWithActions
>
> docs for actions looks like you copied and pasted it from Page.
>
> Rather than doing JS searching for QAction and QQC Action look into
> qmlRegisterExtendedType for QAction to make the properties match lower in
> the stack

hmm, what do you mean? extending qaction in order to have the missing
properties of qaction there to use the same api from qml? (note that i can't
use c++ in this import yet)

> -----------------------
>
> Heading
>
> I don't really want this in here *and* in Plasma extras long term

if not, where? the one from plasmaextras can't be used on those that want to
be used in Android..

that remonds me i was kindof thinking splitting them into two parts one mobile
only and one generic that would be usable anywhere.
that makes things kinda hairy tough since now the possible platforms would be
actually 3: mobile, desktop-as-plasmoid and desktop-as-desktop-app
I really don't know how to make things pretty here

--
Marco Martin