Plasma mobile HID question: popup on long press

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Fri Jan 8 20:02:41 UTC 2016

On Freitag, 8. Januar 2016 11:43:31 CET Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Here's an interaction that I would like to have:
>
> User long-presses on an element on screen, a popup shows a question with
> several options and the user gets to decide what to do.
>
> Somehow I'm guessing that adding a MessageDialog and acting based on the
> button that was pressed isn't what the Plasma HID spec suggests - but I'm
> not sure where to find out what the spec does approve of :-)

Hi Dirk,
we have indeed not written a HIG about that yet, as we're not sure yet how
long-press should to be used. Therefore, you real-world case can help as an
example to base decisions on.
What exactly is it that you're planning to do? What do people long-press on
and which options are supposed to be provided?