Minutes Monday Plasma Meeting

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Mon Feb 29 12:48:17 UTC 2016

> Hi,
>
>> d_ed:
>> - Found out why widget explorer is slow: we're not loading icons, but
>> complicated SVGs uncached
>> - will work on that this week, and 5.5 stuff
>

> we talk some times about have also png icons. as I'm not a great fan (cause
> it's more, and stupid, work), maybe we can add an routine to  generate the
> png files with cmake (or whatevery) while the package was done.

I was working on that a while ago (I reported a bug about it, can't
find the bug numer right now because @work).
Goal was to just have cmake call a small Qt application doing the
rendering for different sizes. Unfortunately I got a bit distracted by
other work.
We definitely need pre-rendered icons for various reasons though, but
storing them in Git (and rendering them manually) is an insane thing
we really should try to avoid at all cost.
Cheers,
    Matthias