RFC: Put notifications in sidepanel like widget explorer

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:05:06 UTC 2016

On Monday 22 February 2016 18:39:02 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > changes, so when the default systray will be changed to the new
> > implementation in 5.7 it will look as near ar possible to the current one,
> > with any UI changes for 5.8)
>
> Why is that? To prevent the introduction of bugs?

yes, that's what unfortunately too many years of experience told me.

the first time you introduce something with a new technology, it will introduce
regressions no matter what. People are in general resistent to UI changes as
well.
technology changes + regressions + a different, unfamiliar ui is the sure
recipe to make users hate the whole thing and have the next neponadi (and boy
plasma had to work hard to get out of that after KDE 4.0, and we are still on
the recovery phase)

--
Marco Martin