Plasma 5.6 video

Lucas S kdeokk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:51:54 UTC 2016

Hi all

Since Plasma 5.5 video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wFTo34mCj0)
was rather successful I would like to continue with Plasma 5.6 video.
So here is my grand plan for this release:

1. I would like to use voice recording for the video instead of the
simple text. We need native English speaker for this task (preferably
woman). Unfortunately I do not know such a person in the KDE
community, so I am hoping for help of the plasma team in that matter.
2. We need to write a script/text for our brave volunteer. I may take
care of this, but my English skills are well... quite low so I need an
assistance.
3. A list of the features in the upcoming Plasma 5.6 release. Useful
also for a release announcement.
4. Plasma/KDE  YouTube channel.  There is an official KDE community
https://plus.google.com/105126786256705328374/posts  on g+ so maybe it
is a good idea to add youtube channel.
5. I may need some official graphics/logos/backgrounds for the video.

Plan B
As they say "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy" so we
need a plan B/minimum. Basically I am going to make something similar
to Plasma 5.5 video, maybe with better compositing and animations.
That's all for now.

Greetings!