plasma grub theme unified design

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Feb 18 15:10:06 UTC 2016

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 2:53:48 PM CET kainz.a wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 February 2016 14:20:18 kainz.a wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > the VDG is working on an unified design from the boot to the shut down.
> > > therefore we workon a grub2, plymouth, sddm, ksplah theme. we have a
> > > wiki
> > > page https://community.kde.org/KDE_Visual_Design_Group/Unified_Login
> >
> > which
> >
> > > will be updated when we have access again.
> > >
> > > grub theme is finished and ready for testers
> > > https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/Pyee8QqZPe0aTMT here is an movie how
> >
> > it
> >
> > > look like https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/XaqpgyiTbzua3oT
> > >
> > > all our stuff is stored at
> >
> > https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/aRhTTNLFiRMFbVn
> >
> > > - grub is ready for testers
> > > - plymounth harald is working on it
> > > - sddm theme mockup is finished dev's are welcome
> > > - ksplash mockup is there I will have a look if I can make it myself
> >
> > is logout screen/lockscreen included as well? they share design with
> > sddm/ksplash
> >
> > > if someone know how to make an sddm theme or an ksplash theme. you are
> >
> > more
> >
> > > than welcome. My goal is to have everything ready for the plasma 5.6
> > > release. If I don't catch the goal, ...
> >
> > ksplash probably fast to do..
> > sddm (of which i never touched a theme) it's probably a bit more hairy and
> > likely to fail, so i'm not too sure is a good idea  for 5.6, is one of
> > those
> > things that should be done at the beginning of a cycle
>
> In understand you. The thing is when you look in the plasma 5.5 SDDM theme
> it look quite bad cause of the breeze plasma theme change and nobody solve
> this issue and there were oxygen icons (for the avatars).
>
> Plasma 5.4 SDDM theme
> http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Kubuntu-15-04-Alpha-2-Is-th
> e-Most-Exciting-Release-in-a-Long-Time-Screenshot-Tour-470968-11.jpg
>
> Plasma 5.5 SDDM theme
> http://images.derstandard.at/2015/12/09/plasma.png

The second screenshot is showing my name so I assume I did that one which
means it's from a Wayland session. It's the lock screen and not SDDM.

I don't want to exclude the possibility that I have my system and especially
my Wayland session misconfigured. And as everybody here knows: I'm not the one
to notice such visual inconsistencies.

So please first clarify whether there is really a bug that oxygen icons get
picked up and remind me to never do screenshots again ;-)

Cheers
Martin