plasma grub theme unified design

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:29:32 UTC 2016

On Thursday 18 February 2016 14:20:18 kainz.a wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the VDG is working on an unified design from the boot to the shut down.
> therefore we workon a grub2, plymouth, sddm, ksplah theme. we have a wiki
> page https://community.kde.org/KDE_Visual_Design_Group/Unified_Login which
> will be updated when we have access again.
>
> grub theme is finished and ready for testers
> https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/Pyee8QqZPe0aTMT here is an movie how it
> look like https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/XaqpgyiTbzua3oT
>
> all our stuff is stored at https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/aRhTTNLFiRMFbVn
>
> - grub is ready for testers
> - plymounth harald is working on it
> - sddm theme mockup is finished dev's are welcome
> - ksplash mockup is there I will have a look if I can make it myself

is logout screen/lockscreen included as well? they share design with
sddm/ksplash

> if someone know how to make an sddm theme or an ksplash theme. you are more
> than welcome. My goal is to have everything ready for the plasma 5.6
> release. If I don't catch the goal, ...

ksplash probably fast to do..
sddm (of which i never touched a theme) it's probably a bit more hairy and
likely to fail, so i'm not too sure is a good idea  for 5.6, is one of those
things that should be done at the beginning of a cycle

--
Marco Martin