Plasma Bugs - a stricter approach

Gregor Mi codestruct at posteo.org
Mon Feb 8 18:06:38 UTC 2016

On 03.02.2016 20:44, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 4:49 PM, David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk
> <mailto:david at davidedmundson.co.uk>> wrote:
>

>     Bugs are the most important part of making a quality product, which is our ultimate
>     goal. Bug triage and fixing is a crucial part of being a maintainer. You can't just
>     cherry-pick the fun bits.
>

> At the same time, let's please not make this about the numbers.
> I regularly see bugs closed as wrong duplicates, which in the end
> does not help the user at all, it only helps to keep our bug count down.
>
> Let's try to raise the quality of our handling too, not only quantity.

Speaking of duplicates, I would like to add something I noticed in a Plasma release
announcement a few weeks ago. There, it was written that over 1000 bugs were fixed. That
sounded pretty much and I checked and found out that about half of them were marked as
duplicate:

"In the run up to the Plasma 5.5 beta an incredible over 1,000 bugs were fixed."
(https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.4.95.php).

Me personally, would not have counted those duplicate bugs but on the other hand the
number of bugs was declared as "incredible"; so nothing to complain about. ;-)

Gregor