RFC: plasma logo as start menu icon and ksplash logo

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Feb 3 18:18:12 UTC 2016

@Marco
> the problem is going the last mile to make people stop
> saying "I use KDE" :p

I'm not sure this warrants killing what we have now. As someone
mentioned before, we are not the only ones using a community/company
logo for this.

I would like a nicer KDE logo (like Gnome people did back in the day -
reshaped the foot to look saner... though, there is not much one can
do with a gear :) ), but that is another story.

@Kainz
> nobody of the plasma dev's know HIS logo.

"nobody" is a bit misguiding - most of us knew the .:> logo but I get
your point. :)

@Martin
> From what I understood, the neon website is supposed to be a proving
> ground for the new kde.org.

Thanks for the info - it looks quite nice.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://cukic.co/