KActivities split, 2nd phase

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Feb 2 22:36:03 UTC 2016

> if the library can confortably be tier1 yes it's important it is.

If we fix the wallpaper thing, it will be tier1 even with qml imports

> the problem would be users of an old workspace, updating frameworks and

I'd rather find a better solution than having kamd in the same release
schedule with kf5 (I guess you meant that by 'live in frameworks').

If we communicate it properly with the distributions, I don't think
this will be a problem. KActivities-the-framework package just needs
to depend on kactivitymanagerd package (that is the big problem,
missing activities kio and dolphin plugin can be lived without I
guess)

I'm trying to think of something more fail-safe.

Cheers,
Ivan