Plasma Bugs - a stricter approach

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Feb 1 21:49:51 UTC 2016

I am sick of the current distribution of Plasma bug triage/fixing. [1].
I've brought it up many many times in every meeting and no-one has done
anything except talk.

Bugs are the most important part of making a quality product, which is our
ultimate goal. Bug triage and fixing is a crucial part of being a
maintainer. You can't just cherry-pick the fun bits.

So, as discussed in the 5.5 planning meeting;

*From now on, if I see a feature request from a maintainer who hasn't done
their appropriate share of bug work I will block and/or revert their
feature commits. No excuses.*

David Edmundson

[1] https://bugs.kde.org/weekly-bug-summary.cgi?days=100&tops=30
<https://bugs.kde.org/weekly-bug-summary.cgi?days=30&tops=20>