[Differential] [Commented On] D3617: [Touchpad KCM] New KWin Wayland version

subdiff (Roman Gilg) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 28 02:47:25 UTC 2016

subdiff added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> sebas wrote in kwinwaylandtouchpad.h:36
> I wonder if it wouldn't be neater if the features would be an enum, and you'd have methods to check for supported and enabled features. Have you thought of this?

Haven't thought about it. The structure here is analogous to the structure in KWin's libinput counter part.

> sebas wrote in ToolTip.qml:45
> Could also be hidden by using a onRunningChanged handler, that way the stop() method would 'just work'

Whenever the running property is changed to false, it automatically should hide the tooltip? But what happens, when it changes to false after a normal enter or position change event and the timer triggered after its interval? Then the tooltip would get hidden again directly.

> sebas wrote in main.qml:279
> is "value changed twice" a useful condition to set initalized here?

Sorry, I don't understand. What does "value changed twice" mean?

> sebas wrote in main.qml:294
> not so sure about that, it would introduce inconsistent special behaviour just in this KCM, as a slider always should react to wheel events.

Yea, I'll remove it. I really don't like this though since you can change by accident the value, when you have the mouse cursor by chance in vertical alignment above or below the slider and then you begin scrolling with the mouse wheel and the slider moves under the cursor.

Happened to me quite often, when I was testing different parts of the ui.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES