[Differential] [Commented On] D3813: Draw scrollbar as focused when scrollbar itself have focus

drosca (David Rosca) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 26 17:08:18 UTC 2016

drosca added a comment.

  Currently, it tries to find QAbstractScrollArea in parent chain and use focused state of this scroll area (+ there is a special case for KTextView). There is no standard way to specify the widget that is being scrolled by the scrollbar. This only works with standard Qt widgets and breaks when you implement custom widget that uses scrollbars.

  This proposed solution also checks if the scrollbar itself have the focus, which I think makes sense and should not have any side-effects. Even in the case when scrollbar is actually able to get focus (ie scrollbar having focus while the scrolled widget not having it) it still should be rendered as focused, because it *is* focused.

  My use case is scrollbar controlling widget that is not parent of the scrollbar and scrollbar having focusproxy the scrolled widget.

INLINE COMMENTS

> hpereiradacosta wrote in breezestyle.cpp:3067
> You sure this is actually needed ? The primitive is supposed to do an horizontal line below the passed rect. Never seen that happened for scrollbars. Does it really ? (without the patch)

Yes, this is needed because it is painted when the scrollbar have focus (which is the case this patch is trying to support).

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

EMAIL PREFERENCES