Is it possible to add a different panel implementation for plasma?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:30:32 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 21 December 2016 13:48:50 Michail Vourlakos wrote:
>        What an alternative panel needs and is not there:
> 1. must be able to access all the options from plasma's PanelView
> (strange thing is that this is already there for the javascript layout
> scripts and not for qml). (options as thickness, maximumLength,
> minimumLength, visibility are too important to not be accessed from 3rd
> docks)

what is the use case to be able to access that from the plasmoid directly, as
opposed to somewhere somewhat external like a config dialog?

> 2. it must be able to provide its own configuration window in the place
> of the original one in order to hide functionality that it isnt relevant
> and add functionality that it is only specific to the 3rd dock (in my
> current implementation I could hide the toolBox and use my own
> configuration window but I can not alter from it the settings provided
> from PanelView).
> I think that solving 1 is enough to solve 2 also...

I think it makes sense to be able to launch a separate config dilaog *from* the
panel controller, completely replacing it, i don't really think so

--
Marco Martin