Is it possible to add a different panel implementation for plasma?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:24:00 UTC 2016

On 19/12/2016 02:49 μμ, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 19 December 2016, Michail Vourlakos wrote:
>> What is missing from plasmashell according to my tests in order to
>> provide a unified experience are the following:
>>

>>   1. plasmashell immutable changed signal
> the containment does have a signal for that
>
>>   2. toggle plasmashell immutable state
> there is a named action, that you can trigger
>
>>   3. toggle plasmashell widgets explorer appearance
> what does this mean?
>> Martin, if I send patches for the above to be included in the qdbus
>> interface do you think they will accedpted or is it a design decision to
>> not expose them through dbus?
> what does dbus have to do with this?

I am going to change the implementation and instead of a plasmashell
plugin I will provide my own shell...
The only way there is for my own shell to communicate with the
plasmashell is through dbus, is there any other way?
All the above is what is missing for the two shells to communicate and
create a unified experience.