[Differential] [Commented On] D2610: Make icon follow styleHints

wbauer (Wolfgang Bauer) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 30 15:47:53 UTC 2016

wbauer added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2610#48934, @colomar wrote:

  > The only raison d'ĂȘtre for "double-click to open" is to be able to select on single click. If selecting is not possible (as is the case both in the panel and in a desktop containment), there is no reason for opening only on double-click (other than consistency with Windows, but an icon widget in a Desktop containment is not the same as an icon on the Windows desktop, because the Windows desktop behaves like our folderview containment, not like our desktop containment).

  What you say does make sense, but I'd like to note that in KDE4 they did respect the single-/double-click settings (when on the desktop, not in the panel), so this can be seen as "regression" in Plasma5.
  And I think the problem is that while it is true that they are different from folderview icons technically, for a "normal" user they are probably the same.

  Just wanted to throw that in.
  Personally I don't mind, I prefer single-click anyway.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES