[Differential] [Commented On] D2595: Fix comic applet appearance

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 27 13:59:50 UTC 2016

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Edit:

  I was wrong about this being a regression. It seems this has always been here.

  the switch between showing compact and full is:
   Math.max(minimumWidth, Math.min(centerLayout.comicData.image.nativeWidth * 0.6, implicitWidth));  or implicitWidth

  both minimumWidth and implicitWidth are fricking enormous.

  Which means by default we'll show the compact on startup, and until the plasmoid is made even bigger than the already huge default size.
  (and in fact dragging it larger in both directions does reveal the components correctly)

  Your patch works by breaking the binding on minimumWidth used in the switchWidth, so that it now always shows the full version.
  Which is replacing it by a different bug.

INLINE COMMENTS

> main.qml:33
>          if (centerLayout.comicData.image) {
>              return Math.max(minimumWidth, Math.min(centerLayout.comicData.image.nativeWidth * 0.6, implicitWidth));
>          } else {

you've broken this binding. minimumWidth is no longer declared within this scope.

though this whole line makes little sense anwyay - see comment below.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPLASMAADDONS Plasma Addons

EMAIL PREFERENCES