Kirigami build instructions

Police Terror PoliceTerror at dyne.org
Fri Aug 12 20:26:00 UTC 2016

Thank you, I didn't realize ECM was connected to KDE. That connection
was good. Running this command solved the problem:

$ sudo apt install extra-cmake-modules

Which made it available in /usr/share/ECM/toolchain/Android.cmake

And now I also had to add a switch to cmake:

  -DANDROID_NDK=...

However it is failing:

-- Check for working C compiler:
/mypath/android-ndk-r12b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
CMake Error at /usr/share/ECM/toolchain/Android.cmake:113 (message):
  Couldn't find the Android NDK Root in /platforms/android-14/arch-arm
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /home/travis/src/kirigami/build/CMakeFiles/3.5.1/CMakeSystem.cmake:6
(include)
  CMakeLists.txt:2 (project)

CMakeError.log has lots of errors like:

/home/travis/Downloads/android-ndk-r12b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9.x/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld:
error: cannot find -lc
/home/travis/Downloads/android-ndk-r12b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9.x/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld:
error: cannot find -ldl

So I tried defining an envvar
SYSROOT=/mypath/android-ndk-r12b/platforms/android-14/arch-arm/ but that
also doesn't work.

Thanks for any help. I saw the Kirigami app and it looks crisp and
beautiful. You've done a great work on these widgets. I showed it to a
few others and they were impressed. It definitely beats Kivy.

Is it possible to use Kirigami with Python for the application logic?
The widgets are in QML, and it seems PyQt5 exists for Android too. Have
you tried this yet?

Anyway great work! This is a milestone for Linux development. Kivy is
slow to start and looks ugly, Qt is kind of a fudge and NDK means I have
to write a Java UI...

Do you have a way to pause the application when it is minimized?

https://kivy.org/docs/api-kivy.app.html#kivy.app.App.on_pause

That's important to prevent the long startup time.

Thomas Pfeiffer: