Selecting a Plasma logo

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:56:55 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 02 August 2016, Ken Vermette wrote:
> I don't mean to be "that guy", but he submitted his logo under the LGPLv3,
> signalling that everyone has the right to modify his work. I'm not saying
> this because I have a horse in this race, I'm saying it because, frankly,
> the idea that we "aren't allowed" to collaborate and remix artwork in an
> open-source project is extremely distasteful to our core values... The idea
> that we would be beholden to a single author for every tweak is ridiculous.

Agree, this devalues a bit that entry for me, as i think the unmodified
version is not quite enough, and modifying it after it has been chosen means
that the logo that ends up being used is not the one that has been chosen.
perhaps the rules should have stated explicitly that this was going to be an
iterative process.

--
Marco Martin