Plasma 5.8 and openSUSE 42.2

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Aug 2 00:35:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:

> On 07/28/2016 07:11 PM, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> There's also the issue that if we move for one distro we'll end up
>> with accusations of favouratism and requests for moving for other
>> distros.  But then maybe we do like openSUSE :)
>
> I think it'd show we care about getting shipped and try to work
> with people - on a case by case basis. If you ship KDE to tons of
> our users, we'll try to work well with you, too.

With the added value that it's in our best interest that any
distribution users are on maintained versions of our software. If
opensuse 42.2 is released right before our release it means that their
Plasma will be supported for about a month if at all (in contrast to
the 18 months of Plasma 5.8).

Aleix