Activities UI, take 5 (at least :) )

Rajeev Bhatta techie.rajeev at yahoo.in
Mon Sep 21 17:45:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not please excuse me.

I am still not very clear on the difference between virtual workspaces and activities... I have tried activities but probably because of my lack of knowledge used it as a workspace.

One addition that I am not sure if it exists yet or not but would make sense and activities might be the perfect place to implement it. So my idea is that,

Having activities act as completely different sessions with configuration options to allow all or only few apps be accessible within that Activities, alowing to switch without password or restrict certain activities. Something similar to having dedicated and private desktops to help users manage their desktop based on the activity they plan to work on.. One scenario that I personally see this very useful is when our laptops are dual purpose for work and for personal use too and when working I want my desktop to focus on my work files and work apps and hide my personal apps and files. Similarly while not working make it hide my work stuff so that I am not getting my personal and professional lives mixed.

These are just my thoughts and open to ironing it out if anyone understands it and finds it useful.

Thanks
Rajeev Bhatta

Rajeev Bhatta <techie.rajeev at yahoo.in>