Plasma uses regular icons with dark desktop theme

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:13:52 UTC 2015

Hi David,

I know the problem but I don't know an solution.

The thing is that to guaranty that the look and feel is consistent you have
to use breeze (light) or breeze-dark in plasma, colour scheme and icons.
Cause as you wrote in the system tray you have there breeze icons from
plasma and from the breeze icon set and when you change "only" the plasma
theme the icons from the icon theme are still NOT working. You have e.g.
the same problem when the user select in an application like digikam an
dark colour scheme and in the system settings breeze (light). than the
icons can fit for digikam or for all other applications.

The only solution I know would be to render the colour of the icons
depending on the background colour of the Icon. GTK solve this issue by
using symbolic monochrome icons and the application can change the colour
themself. It would be nice to have a similar solution than GTK3 but now
this issue is still there.

Sorry that I can't help you
Andreas Kainz