RFC: Put notifications in sidepanel like widget explorer

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:34:39 UTC 2015

> On Tuesday 20 October 2015, Martin Klapetek wrote:
>> Basically the idea is to reinvent the notifications in Plasma a bit
>> and create a kind of notification center.
>>
>> My plan would be to get a VDG design and then work on it for
>> Plasma 5.6.

I like that you would ask first the VDG. I also ask in our group some
times ago if we should think about the notifications and the first
result was no they work nice as it is now. the only thing is that the
"sections" are a little bit confused.

Overall I'm not very happy how some plasmoids scale e.g. most of the
time you can say move it in an panel or show it on the desktop. and
when you show it on the desktop the scaling isn't that nice as it
should be so in my point of view I would focus on the scaling. so that
the user can say I want to have the notifications on the desktop or on
an hidden big side panel or as it is now.

what do you think?