HIG and components API

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Mon Oct 12 20:06:45 UTC 2015

On Monday 12 October 2015 11:33:07 Marco Martin wrote:

> That's another reason why I think our higs and components shouldn't be that
> different from something that could work on Android, because either
> developers will use them for one app port that will work on both plasma
> mobile and android, or they are pretty much dead on arrival (and i wouldn't
> really have much motivation to write them eh)

>From our perspective, the goal should always be that the same application can
run on both Plasma Mobile and Android with as little adaptation as possible.

That's why we hope that in cases where we think Plasma Mobile apps can do
better than Android apps, components will be able to handle the differences
automatically by changing their look&feel slightly based on where they run.
The app devs should not have to care about that.