Minutes Monday Plasma Hangout

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Nov 30 12:54:40 UTC 2015

Present: Riddell, kbroulik, notmart, mgraesslin, obogdan, sebas
Date: November 30 2015

Riddell:
- 5.5 tarballs due to be made this week
- release due next Tuesday
- will send out invitation for a 5.6 kickoff meeting

kbroulik:
- I added support for "Jump Lists" to Task Manager and Kicker/Kickoff. These
are additional actions an app can specify in its desktop file, for instance
"New incognito window" to launch your browser directly in incognito mode or
jump directly to some other screen (eg. Steam allows to go directly to its
game library, screenshot gallery, store and what not; or LibreOffice launcher
allows to open Writer/Impress/whatever directly)
I started a forum topic for discussion on which actions make sense for which
apps: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=129536
- See my blog post http://blog.broulik.de/2015/11/pursuing-awesomeness/
- I really wish the "Purpose" thing was more prominent, it's basically hidden
in the quickshare plasmoid at the moment.
- The 5.4.4 bugfix release discussion went nowhere I guess?
- LTS Plasma release? I suppose 5.6 would be agood candidate with Qt 5.6 LTS
and Kubuntu 16.04 LTS

mgraesslin:
- has been fighting multiscreen on wayland
- multiscreen rendering is now in kwin master
- changes in many effects are needed to support the new shader API
- phone graphics: hunting down a crash in libhybris

obogdan:
- Kubuntu status meeting, discussed translation infrastructure

notmart:
- mostly working on mobile components, almost happy about the behaviour for a
first draft
- we've integrated these components into an Android application that uses
Plasma components
- tried modifying breeze icons to match Plasma's stylesheet, review is stuck,
needs talking to Uri
- Amarok dev is porting the Amarok context view to Plasma 5, needs a bit of
hand-holding but provides a useful test case for Plasma
- has a mini systemtray rewrite, very small, but could be made to have all the
features

sebas
- got kscreen wayland backend working http://vizzzion.org/blog/2015/11/screen-config-victory/
- code needs cleaning up now, then will submit for review
- worked with Marco on Plasma mobile components

--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org