Planning merging the single qqml engine

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:49:48 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 19 May 2015, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 18 May 2015, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > While I'm usually more conservative, I do think that something more
> > decisive should be done in this case (and cases like these). While we
> > do not want to break everything with each new release (wink wink ghm
> > ghm nudge nudge), I don't think we want to support every
> > not-still-preferred-approach-of-implementing-something we made before
> > indefinitely.
>
> a very crude approach may be maintaining a white list of name+version of
> the applets that needs this, just to make old workspace work for a while
> and eventually removing it

the applets are:
http://lxr.kde.org/search?_filestring=&_string=plasmapackage%3A%2F

- bluetooth
- pager
- desktop cont
- panel cont
- analog clock
- battery
- notifications
- systray

the check can be done on those plugin names on appletquickitem line 52
so if the plugin name is one of them and the plugin version is less than some
value bigger than all of them, go multiple engines

and yeah, that check in ~6 months or so would be removed

--
Marco Martin