Good news regarding Qt 5.5

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:57:44 UTC 2015

On Friday 08 May 2015 17:22:22 Hausmann Simon wrote:
> Same here :)
>
> Where can I find the url interceptor implementation you are using?

repos:
git://anongit.kde.org/plasma-framework.git
git://anongit.kde.org/kdeclarative.git

in both cases, the branch is called
mart/singleQmlEngineExperiment

the urlinterceptor is in plasma-
framework/src/plasmaquick/packageurlinterceptor.cpp

the problem is that it is using that m_package member. a class used to locate
file paths inside individual applets, so it needs to access the m_package
instance of the proper applet. or that way to access files doesn't work anymore

unfortunately we can't just drop that for compatibility promise, several
applets use urls like "plasmapackage://" that would need this.

the only way i would see to solve it would be modifying
QQmlAbstractUrlInterceptor itself, with an intercept() that specifies something
else trough which we can realize where the call is coming from, like the
source qml file or the context..

--
Marco Martin