Cmake configuration for the kactivitystats library

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 10:43:48 UTC 2015

Hello,

At moment kactivitystats library is in the kactivities repository but
is not enabled by default and have the cmake configuration switch for
it which if enabled would install library and headers. Plasma desktop
currently have the copy of the library which is used in kicker and
task manager. This copy was put into plasma-desktop with assumption
that nothing out of plasma-desktop would use the library.

I have currently branch in the plasma-mediacenter which fetches the
recently opened media from the kamd using this kactivitystats library.
but it's hard to link with library in plasma-mediacenter. I have two
options for it :

- Configure kactivities with the cmake configuration switch but that
way plasma-desktop will overwrite the library installed by kactivities
causing file conflicts
- Copy headers/cmake configuration in plasma-mediacenter branch

Third option would be configure switch in plasma-desktop that if
enabled would install the cmake configuration and headers from the
copy of library. I know that this library is not supposed to be used
by application till its fully API compatible. but this is to ease
development. so I want to know if this is possible?

Thanks

--
Bhushan Shah

http://bhush9.github.io