Plasma 5 is awesome...and some help required with build instructions

Siddhartha sh.siddhartha at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 11:42:50 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I shifted to Plasma 5 a while back. We all know how awesome it has become. :D

One particular moment I want to share was discovering "Require
password after locking" setting for Lock screen. I had been wishing
for something like this to quickly recover from unwanted screen
locking, and lo and behold, wish granted in Plasma 5. How cool is
that! Finding features like this keeps me delighted :)

Today I wrote down instructions for installing and running Plasma 5
from source here: https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Building. Please
help in improving the page as required.

Because this plasma installation is in a custom path, what additional
steps need to be taken? For example, pressing PrntScrn gives me an
error "KDEInit could not launch '/opt/kde5/bin/ksnapshot'", even
though I can manually start it from Konsole. I'm guessing that is due
to something not set in my environment correctly.

Cheers,
Siddhartha