Building Plasma Media Center

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:10:14 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Deepak Rawat <deepakrawat2287 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just started with Plasma Media Center. I was hoping to work on
> "Intelligent TV Series/Movies grouping for Plasma Media Center" as part of
> Google Summer of Code 2015.

Welcome.. :-)

> I was able to build successfully Plasma Media Center on Kubuntu (without
> mockcpp, was not able to get this library from repository and I did not know
> how to add custom build one). The problem is when I opened Plasma Media
> Center it only show a blank screen. Could you please help me with below
> issues.
First of all which branch you compiled? master branch or v1.4 branch?
Please note that both are totally different..

> 1 - Build Plasma Media Center with mockcpp.
mockcpp is optional dependency of the Plasma Media Center to run the
automated unit tests and it is not required to run the Plasma Media
Center. You can ignore it for now.

> 2 - How to get rid of blank screen when open Plasma Media Center
Depends upon what you mean by blank screen? There are no media items
shown and just categories? or nothing is shown? preferably link us the
screenshot of what you mean..

> 3 - kbuildsycoca4 was also not successful. How to make it work (below is the
> error I got)
>     -> kbuildsycoca4(17948) VFolderMenu::loadDoc: Parse error in
> "/home/drawat/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu"
> , line  1 , col  1 :  "unexpected end of file"
This warning is totally unrelated and not fatal. You can ignore this
too for now.

--
Bhushan Shah

http://bhush9.github.io