Building Plasma Media Center

Deepak Rawat deepakrawat2287 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 09:26:56 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I just started with Plasma Media Center. I was hoping to work on "Intelligent
TV Series/Movies grouping for Plasma Media Center" as part of Google Summer
of Code 2015.

I was able to build successfully Plasma Media Center on Kubuntu (without
mockcpp, was not able to get this library from repository and I did not
know how to add custom build one). The problem is when I opened Plasma
Media Center it only show a blank screen. Could you please help me with
below issues.

1 - Build Plasma Media Center with mockcpp.

2 - How to get rid of blank screen when open Plasma Media Center

3 - kbuildsycoca4 was also not successful. How to make it work (below is
the error I got)
    -> kbuildsycoca4(17948) VFolderMenu::loadDoc: Parse error in
 "/home/drawat/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu"
, line  1 , col  1 :  "unexpected end of file"

This is the first time I am starting with open source project (I am
thankful to my professor to encourage me to work on Open Source project).
It would be helpful if you can point me to some resources, right now I am
exploring the project documentation. Please excuse me if I am not according
to mailing list guidelines.

Best Regards,
Deepak