testing the single QQmlEngine plasmashell

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 02:23:30 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Kai Uwe Broulik <kde at privat.broulik.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2015, 09:48:55 schrieb Marco Martin:
>> And it's now merged in master, meaning that should be in 5.4, feel
>> free to test and search for problems ;)
>
> Looks like many translations are broken for me now. At first I thought it was
> just a co-incidence but now that I updated my plasma-framework et al the UI is
> mostly English again (Kickoff tabs, Plasma NM, ktp plasmoid, klipper). Task
> manager context menus, the toolboxes, and settings dialogs seem fine, though.

I thought I managed that case.. what seems to be really weird is that
some applets seem to work, some don't, would make more sense if all
were broken...
can you try to debug the following thing?

see if in kdeclarative.cpp line 98 it's going in the branch
if (qmlObj) { and the qmlObj is correctly instantiated?

--
Marco Martin